Our Sunday will be spent enjoying coffee and breakfast at our favorite spot, and then cleaning and preparing for a Labor Day brunch. Thiss will be the first time we have this many people in our new house at once, so hopefully the place will clean up nicely.
I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend!
1) I almost feel like I’m cheating by sharing this, as it isn’t gluten free – but it is too yummy not to share! Ashley, of Not Without Salt, has partnered with Anthropologie to give you Skillet Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies. In addition, you can snag her cookie mix at a discount (and part of the profits go to charity, to boot)!
2) An extremely enabling Sneak Peek of the 2015 Holiday beauty collections
3) If I had some extra (ok a lot of extra) cash laying around, this Chloe Dress would be in my closet!
4) 20 People from Famous Paintings Who Literally. Can’t. Even. Right now
5) 129 of the Most Beautiful Shots in Movie History
6) Sinderella – one of my favorite bloggers! Documenting the misadventures of a 20 something on the hunt for true love in the big city, using what else but the modern day matchmaker: Tinder (I can definitely relate – hang in there Sinderella!)
7) On my to try list: Coffee Tonics! Coffee addict? Check! Fan of Gin & Tonics? Check! Love trying new foodie things? Double check! What could go wrong?
8) Traveling to Paris soon (or are you just lucky enough to live there)? Then I’m jealous of you, because you will get to visit Shakespeare & Company’s new cafe, which is opening this Fall!
Listening to this week…
Hello! Welcome to my (and sometimes our) little place on the web. I (Lauren) created this space to talk about things I’m inspired by; items and trends I’m enjoying (mostly beauty, fashion, music, & interior design); recipes; and the DIY (mis)adventures that I may enlist my loving boyfriend, S, to help me complete.
I have quite a few ideas for this blog, and am hoping to have a regular scheduled program nailed down in the next few weeks. So for now, just the essentials:
1) I’m absolutely addicted to Tom Ford beauty products, and you will probably see his name / products pop up on this blog quite a bit :).
2) We are both foodies!
As of only a few weeks ago, I am under strict orders from my body to not consume anything containing gluten, which means that most (if not all) of the recipes that will be featured here will be gluten free! While I’m excited for the new challenge, I’m also a bit bummed because A) I had recipes all planned that I wanted to post, and those will have to take some retooling before I can share them. B) Let’s be honest – I really, really love bread. *Insert sad panda here* Gluten and I have since reconciled – so any recipes shared here will be a mix!
4) I’m a Francophile – my mother is French, and father attended school in France. I have lots of family left in France and was very fortunate to spend the majority of my summers there growing up. This has a significant influence over my tastes and culture. Seth is of German descent, and as such, we very much enjoy giving each other a hard time.
5) We are also both Texan, which *also* has an influence on our tastes in culture.