I’ve been following the Keto diet for just over 18 months now. In short, I don’t find it’s a difficult lifestyle to follow, but there are still a few foods that I just miss being able to enjoy! Like pizza, pasta, donuts…but there are actually kept options/alternatives for those. They aren’t the same as the original (glazed donut texture is hard to achieve), but they at least satisfy the itch.
Up until a few weeks ago, one item I’d endlessly search for but could never find – Keto Oreos. Whenever I’d go out with my husband, and he would order dessert, I’d always push him to get the Oreo whatever (macaron, cupcake, cheesecake, etc.) and live vicariously through that! Ok, this recipe isn’t for Keto Oreos, but I think this might be better – Keto Oreo Cheesecake Bars!
Full credit goes Anna Boyd aka BaconButterBourbon on instagram for this recipe. I’m documenting it here for ease of access, and to note some tweaks that made this recipe a winner for me! I have made this recipe twice now, and the second time, they came out perfectly.
There is definitely some flexibility in your macros here – if you only need a small amount to satisfy your sweet tooth, you could cut this into 9 portions and each portion equates to 1.5 net carbs. But let’s be real – 6 portions gives you the ideal bar size, and that puts these babies at 2.2 net carbs per serving. Please note that I am not a nutritionist and these calculations are based on the exact items I reference in my recipe. In particular, not all dairy is created equal, so your mileage may vary.
Keto Dream Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Oven Safe Baking Dish (I used an 8×8)
For the Oreo Base
- ¼ Cup softened butter I use Kerrygold
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream I use Organic Valley
- 6 Tbsp granulated sweetener I use Lakanto Classic
- 5 Tbsp Black Cocoa Powder I use Weirdo Good Black Velvet Cacao Powder
- 5 Tbsp Almond Flour I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1 pinch Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
For the Cheesecake
- 4 Oz Softened Cream Cheese I use Organic Valley
- ¼ Cup Confectioner's Sweetener I prefer granulated Lakanto Classic
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream I use Green Valley Organics
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract I use Simply Organic
- 1 Splash Lemon Juice In a pinch, white wine vinegar works too
- ¼ Cup Freshly Whipped Heavy Whipping Cream I use Organic Valley (and the second time I made this, I did not whip the HWC)
- 6 HighKey Brownie Bites
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper
- Mix together all ingredients for the oreo base in the order listed. I used a hand mixer for this step.
- Spread the oreo mixture in the bottom of a small parchment paper lined baking dish
- Separately, beat until smooth (I used my stand mixer for this) all ingredients, except for the brownie bites, for the cheesecake layer.
- Mix in crushed HighKey Brownie Bites. I don't pre-crush them, but instead, add them whole to the bowl and use my stand mixer on the lowest setting the crush/incorporate.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes, or until set (Personally, I bake for 28 minutes).