And a few recs for those without
Having recently lost some weight, I went on the hunt for a few new one-piece swimsuits for a few upcoming planned beach vacations. More than the number on the scale, I have lost inches which has changed my body in ways I couldn’t imagine – including a significantly fuller bust.
While I’d always been on the average side as far as bra size, I’ve been struggling to comfortably dress as a 32F/34DD. And I finally understand the complaints I have heard from larger breasted friends and siblings my whole life. Simply put, #thestruggleisreal.
Below, I’m outlining 9 larger-bust friendly one-piece swimsuits, as well as linking to a few beautiful ones that, while they didn’t work for me, are gorgeous enough to mention here.
- Ruffled Surplice One Piece Swimsuit by Lauren by Ralph Lauren – This is by far the most supportive and most comfortable suit I tried on. The ruffle is fairly subtle in person and the ruching is incredibly slimming. I tried it on in a gorgeous indigo (I found it to run true to size, if not a bit big), but it comes in other colors including a Plum, which is currently on sale at Macy’s. Retails for $120.
- Cocktail Party One-Piece Swimsuit by Profile by Gottex – As comfortable as the RL swimsuit was, I ended up choosing this Merlot one piece instead. I’d become set on a dark red suit when I’d tried on the Socialite Ruffle one piece by Becca, but found it to have 0 support or coverage, no matter how pretty it looked (and let’s face it – that is one sexy suit). The ruching on the Gottex suit is also really flattering, while being unique. There is something very Old Hollywood about it. Retails for $128.
- Bloom Field Off the Shoulder One Piece Swimsuit by La Blanca – Hear me out! When I grabbed this in the store to try on, it was 100% blind faith that the ruching would be super flattering as I hoped and prayed it would look better on me than on the hanger. I (and my husband) were pleasantly surprised! I was expecting something matronly, but the print really looked a lot better on my body, and I found the suit to be comfortable and supportive. Retails for $135.
- Mayflower Swimsuit by Love Stories Intimates – Admittedly, this doesn’t have the same level of support as the other suits, but it is fitted in such a way that everything stays in place and I could hardly notice that there weren’t any cups. Also comes in a modern leopard print in Claret that’s on sale. I took an IT size 3, which I find seems to suit a 6-8 best (read: it’s a bit snug for me, an 8-10, but as I kept on, I’m optimistic it will be comfortable for our trip later this year. Retails for about $160-200 pending where you can find it.
- Impressionist Layered Bandeau Tankini Top by Becca by Rebecca Virtue – Ok, technically this is a Tankini, but one can hardly tell when you pair it with the matching bikini bottoms. I’m including it here, because it provides full coverage like a one piece, and includes removable cups and a *shelf bra*! I haven’t tried this one on, but I’m going to see if i can find it in some local stores. I’m a sucker for impressionist prints, and these colors are just beautiful. There is a one piece version, but I’m not sure what kind of support it has. Tankini top retails for $88, and matching bottoms for $58.
- Natalie One Piece by Magicsuit – This comes in a host of colors, but I’m a sucker for the Graphite colorway. How gorgeous are the straps when worn off the shoulder? It does feature concealed underwire for extra support. Again, I haven’t tried this one on myself, but it looks like a Pez D’Or suit that I bought and loved from Anthropologie several years ago as far as color, ruching, and underwire support. Available for $65-95 in the Graphite color.
- Inka Gypsy One Piece Swimsuit by Seafolly – Love the print and fun tie + small cutout. Seafolly makes high quality swimsuits and this one has thicker straps and padded cups. The print is youthful while still being stylish. Retails for $128.
- Bathing Beauty by Esther Williams in Black Floral – I’ve owned 3 of these in the last 10 years, and this is such a classic, flattering, and comfortable suit for any size. I really love the cherry blossoms print in black floral – it features a lot of beautiful detail. It does run about 2 sizes too small, so I’m still rocking my size 14, but did notice it’s a little big. When I’m ready – I’ll honestly just buy this suit again in a smaller size. Sizes range from a 4 (which can fit a 0 or 2) to 34. Other colors owned previously – solid emerald green and red polka dot.
- Catalina Beaded One-Piece Swimsuit by Swim Solutions – This suit has non-removable soft cups with full bust support. The print and cutout are fun and flirty, while maintaining an overall sophisticated vibe with the 50’s pinup silhouette and flattering sweetheart neckline. Retails for $99.
Have you found any incredible one piece swimsuits worth sharing?