I thought that this might be a good way to start things off – my favorite things lately (most of which I will be delving further into with individual posts)!
1) Fragrances – Tom Ford sucked me down a rabbit hole for sure, but wait – there’s more! Armani, Serge Lutens, Nasomatto, Diane Pernet. Fragrances are definitely something I would like to get into more in depth, as my Fragrance “wardrobe” is seeing a very serious overhaul at the moment.
2) Duochrome eyeshadows – Really, I’m a fan of anything that is iridescent or duo chrome. As I’ve started playing more with makeup, I find one look i’m really enjoying that works for almost any occasion / time of day is Buxom’s No Faux with NARS Pasiphae layered on top. No Faux is described as an “iridescent snakeskin,” which I find to be fairly accurate. There is definitely a texture with this shadow, while Pasiphae has more of a shimmer to it. I love the appearance of scarabs, and these 2 shadows really capture that effect!
3) …Which leads me too my other current makeup obsession – Purpley lipsticks. Give me plum, give me Lilac, give me everything in between! I’ve especially been loving Tom Ford’s Velvet Violet, So Vain, Violet Fatale; Bite Barberry, Violet; even Kat Von D’s Ayesha! Above, a preview of a full look I did with the new Tom Ford Illuminating Duo, I’m wearing Tom Ford’s Stavros (an LE Plummy gray, that will be re-released later this fall) with my beloved NARS Pasiphae eyeshadow dabbed on top. I’m ready for Fall :x.
4) Being French – I love my wine! St Supery Sauvignon Blanc was a new discovery this past Spring. While I’m thankful that Fall is starting to roll in (for us, that literally means temperatures have dropped from 105 to the low 90’s), there are certain things from Summer that I’m not ready to let go of. Namely, berries & stone fruit – this wine has some really subtle peach and apricot notes. Its perfect for Spring & Summer and pairs fantastically with nearly everything.
5) Restaurant Weeks – It is almost over, and I’m sad to see it go! It is so much fun to indulge and try fancy restaurants at a fraction of the price. And it’s all for a great cause – part of the proceeds go to our local Food Bank. This year, we tried the menu at Benjy’s (one of our favorite places anyways) for the first time with good friends in addition to our usual favorite, Brennan’s of Houston (yes, the very same as the New Orleans restaurant). I also got to try the “Hot & New” (according to yelp, anyways) B&B Butchers. Overall, the food was good and portions were generous for the HRW menu. However, the service was pretty disappointing (especially for the prices). Still – it’s a beautiful space, and they have a rooftop deck I’m itching to try!